This past Friday will have been one month since my friends and I arrived in Ghana. As you know, I have posted on my blog a few times, complete with stories and some, if I may say so, puh-RETTY good jokes. But one thing I neglected to include most of the time, was the bad. Instead of trusting the people I care about most with my struggles, I left them out, not wanting to worry anyone or God forbid, have them praying for me. So I didn't describe fully how much the new food and quantity of it is stressing me out. And it took me awhile to mention the face that I was alone at school with 44 youngsters. So when I could have had a few hundred prayers of support with me in that classroom, I was tackling things on my own. And we all know that, over time, that leads to the inevitable...a crying phone call to mommy. But between the tears, she was able to decipher what I was saying and give some priceless advice. Among which was the, "Honey, if you tell us, we can pray."
Duh.
God was pretty smart when He created parents huh? Thank you, Mom.
So, from now on, I promise to trust you, family and friends, with the good AND the bad, the whole truth. And I expect you'll know what to do with the information. Haha...did you see what you people did to Ghana? There was FLOODING last week in the Northern Region. When I saw the headlines in the paper I immediately said, "Oops!" Because if you're just joining us in blog-world, I asked everyone to pray for rain a few weeks ago. Guess I forgot how strong that prayer-power is! Which I must say, makes me a tad uneasy to see what God's gonna do with your prayers in me! But I guess we'll all find out sooner or later, because good or bad it's going on the blog!
Hehe...a quick update on the school situation is that my teacher has returned in full health. While I spend less time hitting the desk with the cane, I am continuing to struggle with adjusting to the differences in what I have been taught while earning my degree in teaching and what I am seeing in front of me. So prayers for that would be appreciated. Thank you so much for all of your comments and prayers. They are appreciated more than I feel I am able to show. For now I must be going, but I miss you all LOADS AND LOADS.
With love,
Meg
Here is my theme song for this year that I continue to forget to post up here
Take My Life
By Warren Barfield
This world is not my home
This life will pass
Only what is done for God will last
With the time we have
Let’s not waste it away, no
Let every heartbeat, let every breath we breathe say
Lord, take my life and use it up
Spread it thin like a blanket of love
Over the world that You gave Your blood for
Take my life, take it all, Lord
Lord, without You
Nothing makes sense
Down here the grass dies on both sides of the fence
So all my vain searching
Will never amount to much
Here’s my life, Lord, use it up for the cause of Love
For Your cause
Lord, take my life and use it up
Spread it thin like a blanket of love
Over the world that You gave Your blood for
Take my life, take it all, Lord
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you for sharing Meg - now we know exactly what to lift up on your behalf...as opposed to my ramblings about your safety, and not too many carbs... :) Love you.
Erin
I am so happy that everything is going well for you. I love the blog, it always makes me laugh (especially when I visualize you smashing the cane on the desk, if they only knew you didn't have a mean bone in your body).
Love you and miss you,
Derick
yeah, don't forget that we can't, and aren't really meant to be able to do this (life) on our own. We can't! Where we are imperfect, He is perfect! We have to rely on God to get through stuff sometimes.
so just remember that the next time you find yourself trying to do 'it' on your own...give it up to God, let Him help you out. "I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST who strengthens me.' (philip 4:13)
ryanstewart
Post a Comment