29 March 2009

Part Three: Update

I would like to apologize for the bombardment of posts and the delay for their arrival. For about three weeks now my computer has been out of commission. After a long expensive overseas conversation with the Apple Care hot line, the guy told me that he assumed the reason my power cord stopped working was because most technology can only deal with so much humidity. The levels that my power cord can handle is much lower than Ghana's every-day humidity average. Yippee. Because I am occasionally a smart consumer, I had purchased a three-year guarantee and yes they could send me a new cord for free. Bad news, they don't ship internationally. Good news! I have friends coming to visit in a few weeks, could they ship it there? Yep! Woohoo!!

So I have to wait just one more week for my friends and my cord to arrive.

Now normally my housemates have let me borrow their computers, but a computer without electricity is no good. Since last weekend the power has been inconsistent at best. We had a few dinner times and another full night without power. Every time we call the power company, their answer is the same, "We are doing maintenance work and the power is coming."

In other news, my second week of soccer practices has gone well. I have a steady number of around 20 players that come. This week I was harder on them with abs and push ups in the sand and sprints around the far goal just like Coach Crist taught me. :)

This week my little (not so little) brother turned 20 years old. This scares me. He's becoming an incredible young man and received a SWEET Ghanaian outfit in the mail, which you should all encourage him to wear as often as possible.

On Wednesday, my class and I are going on a field trip to a place called Trashy Bags. This is a non-profit organization that turns water sachets, ice cream, and orange juice bags that have been thrown away into useful bags, wallets, purses, and even luggage. You may visit their website (trashybags.org) and great news! They ship internationally. I met with the director just this weekend and he said America has been a hard market for them to break into. Let's show 'em what we can do!

Lastly, thank you so much for your prayers and cards and packages. You all have made me feel so loved, thank you. For those of you who see my parents and brother and sister often, give them a hug for me, I miss them. Thank you!!

With lots of love,

Meg (who leaves for Europe in 11 days!!!)

P.S. Only one week until KJ and Darrel come to visit yay!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Hahne said...

Leah is turning 20 in September. It still freaks me out. Whenever I think about it, I absentmindedly pat myself and go "what the heck? How old am I?" Can't they just go back to being in 5th grade. They were cute then. And...I think actually dating. Haha. Sounds like you're doing some amazing stuff with your life. Congrats and enjoy Europe! -Lauren (Hahne)

MEG said...

Lauren! haha they WERE dating...AND super cute!