09 July 2009

Unusual Things

A lot of unusual things have been happening lately.


I've seen or talked to my family almost every day.
I've taken my dog for MANY, MANY walks.
I've been driving...a car...with my own music.
I can run outside at any time of the day without scalding my scalp and shoulders.
I got braces-ouch.
I've eaten cheese at almost every lunch and/or dinner (sometimes breakfast).
I see squirrels all over the place.
There is no fanice cream in a bag.
It only takes .5 seconds for my home page to load.
I keep a sweater in my purse at all times because usually, I'M COLD!
There's a TV in my house, what!?
I have not seen ONE COCKROACH IN MICHIGAN.
We can hear through our walls.
I can get to a Starbucks in 5 minutes if I drive North, South, East, OR West!
I go running without anyone yelling, "HEY WHITE LADY! CAN I JOIN YOU!?!?!"
I wake up past 7am!
Bananas kinda taste like cardboard.
My mom buys toilet paper at the grocery store, instead of out her car window?
There is grass in my front yard. I can lay in it.
There are NEW songs on the radio!
My neighborhood is quiet at night.
Praise and worship is really QUIET!
I used a blow dryer this morning.
I haven't heard a rooster all week!
My shower is warm.
I've talked to my grandmas.
We have cookies, on the counter, without any wrapping....there are NO ANTS ON THEM!
I have no reason to wear goofy clothes!
My computer stays cool.
It's day time and I'm wearing sweatpants, socks, and 2 shirts.
The beach is clean, but far away.
There is CARPET on the floor!
Where are the mangos?
The other day, I drank a bunch of water, straight from the faucet. I mean, mouth...directly under...the faucet.
There are no international foods in kids lunches for me to steal.
I haven't seen any dogs running in the road.
I haven't been to chapel in quite some time.
When I finish eating, I put my dishes in a machine that cleans them FOR me!
I pay people exactly what they ask, for an item I purchase.
NO ONE IS ON THE ROADSIDE WITH TREATS FOR ME TO EAT!!
There are no goats in my neighborhood.
Get this: someone else is buying my groceries for me, can you believe that? Don't you love moms? Speaking of how incredible moms are, it was my mother's birthday this week, if you see her, wish her a happy birthday, woo hoo!!!
I plugged my computer DIRECTLY into the wall. No adapters, step downs, NUTHIN!
My feet don't hurt from walking.
Big vehicles are driving around with sometimes just one or two people in them...and they're wearing....SEATBELTS!
I have not taken a taxi to the grocery store in over a month!
I don't have any tweens asking me if I'm in a good mood in the morning.
I go to church for an hour.
There are males living in my house.
There are no kids, waiting for me to turn the corner on my way home from school, so they can greet me and hold my hand as I walk by.
I can hug my family members whenever I want.

So I just kept going, but then I realized people might actually read these, so sorry if this was too long! It was basically for comic relief and to illustrate some differences in my living situations. My summer is going great, I've been able to travel a lot. Meet a bunch of NEW FRIENDS! Enjoy the "sun" and have my 17 doctor appointments. Thank you to all of you who have been UBER-patient with my schedule. I do have a new cell number that has taken me forever to give out, but here it is for the next three weeks: 248-519-3221

There were a good number of people who were able to come to Northbrook for my "little" chat (thank you soooo sooo sooooo much to those of you who were able to come and support me), for those of you who were unable to come, here is a video I showed at the event. Some of you know we host a kids club for the children who live on our street and around our neighborhood. This video just shows what we do! :)



I'm just blindsided by the love, support, and prayers I am constantly receiving. Thank you for being a part of this.

August 8th I'll be heading back. Parts of me are excited to go back, but the others will miss this place like crazy. Thanks to all of you who have helped make this summer INCREDIBLE. Happy July!!!! :)

With love,

Meg in Michigan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update
Karen

Unknown said...

LOVE YOU TOO MEG............

Mariah S said...

LOVE that video. I never saw it! Can you send me the file? Or, can you put it on my blog if I give you the sign in info?