I'm gonna try and stay on top of this blogging thing so that it doesn't add up the way it did before! Last weekend a few friends and I went to my favorite beach, Ada. This is that Maranatha Resort-the one with the huts and the sandy floors. Remember that? It's my favorite place to get away from the city and my stresses. There's no internet, hardly any phone service, no electricity, and no showers. All you do all day is lie under the sun and read or chat with your friends. It's a fabulous relaxer and it's only a few hours away by tro-tro. We had a long weekend because of President's Day in the States, praise the Lord for presidents! We arrived at about 10:30 in the morning on a Friday and spent the day in the sun on the beautiful beach. That night we took some pictures. As per usual-a jumping shot is always the way to go...
with the sunset on the coast of the Atlantic...
beautiful ladays!!! Amanda, me, Anne Clair, and Elyse




These are those times when I picture God looking down on us and laughing so hard that his big belly shakes the whole universe.
Anne Clair shot us three from behind. We realized later that it looks like all three of us are going in different directions. We started to tear up when we realized that in about three months, we will be doing just that. Amanda heads to Japan to work at our sister-international school in Nagoya. Elyse is heading to Ohio and I to Michigan. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?!?!
I'll TELL you what we're gonna do. We already decided we're gonna print out this picture and take it everywhere we go. We ALSO decided that we're buying a pair of big baggy sweatpants and creating our OWN sisterhood. That's right Hollywood.
Anne Clair is fabulous. She is DOWNRIGHT hilarious. She's from Mississippi and I wish I had her singing voice and her knack for being able to cook ANYTHING and make it AMAZING. mmmMmmmm. She's also got a huge heart for the Lord's kids and I wish everyone could love them the way she does.
So, we got a couple huts and then realized that it was SO hot we couldn't stand it. We decided to pull out our mattresses and sleep under the stars on the beach while listening to the ocean.
At first you couldn't HEAR the ocean because our laughter was so loud and constant. More jumping karate pictures were in order...
Goofy photos are a must when you're dirty and there are no movies to keep you entertained. We had a BLAST!
Then we decided to alll lay down and take more goofy pictures on our super sandy mattresses.




These are those times when I picture God looking down on us and laughing so hard that his big belly shakes the whole universe.
Speaking of the universe...after the pictures, my friend Elyse, who is the smartest of us all and has an amazing passion for astronomy, told us about how enormous the universe is. She showed us the Milky Way that we're in. She picked out constellations and tried to explain to us 'little' people in simple terms how far away those stars were. She tried to teach us the mathematics of it all and it was gut-busting to listen to her reactions when we tried to explain it back to her. We talked about meteorites and meteors and all kinds of other things I can't remember the names of. The most earth shattering? Learning that....
BILL NYE IS NOT A SCIENTIST HE'S JUST AN ACTOR.
You should've heard the air that got knocked out of our lungs when the realization that pieces of our childhood had been falsified.
Devastation.
Despite this news, we were still able to have a spectacular evening. We even awoke to a gorgeous sunrise and a lightening show that lit up the sky. The rest of the day was as relaxing as the one before. We headed out in the afternoon back to the city and smog and dust and most importantly-to our showers. It was the perfect couple of days and I wish I was there right NOW. Thank you Jesus for the beauty you created with your world and it's phenomena (Elyse taught me that word-it's plural for phenomenon...you shouldn't say "phenomenons" because that's wrong). Nature's awesome. God created it. Get psyched.
Love until next time!
Meg





2 comments:
What! Bill nye isn’t really a scientist? That surprises me too! gees
-ryan
I am wondering how South Africa is going... can't wait for an update!!! Mariah
Post a Comment