22 August 2007

Off to a ____________ Start

Hello everyone! First, I want to make sure everybody knows that "him and meg" stands for Jesus and me. I don't have a secret love I am trying to hide, nor do I have an alternate personality (that I want to share that is ;)). Also, I DO know "him" should be capitalized but the template does not allow for that kind of authority apparently. Second, I want to thank all of the amazing people who have supported me. Whether it be making ice cream sandwiches or coming to the ice cream social, writing a check to my fundraising cause, taking me to dinner, or especially praying for my journey. Already, I've been stretched and that is what my above title is about, I'm going to seek to find a word to fill that blank.

So, I could go into the longest story you've never heard or I could highlight the adventure I have thus-far survived. May I point out to start it has only been 4 days, but I do believe you will be thankful I have chosen the latter of the two approaches.

Saying goodbye to my college bound brother, my new-only-child-cuz-she's-the-youngest sister, and my almost empty nester parents is not something I would like to relive, so we'll skip that part of the story for the sake of a presently dry keyboard.

So next came my lovely NorthWest experience to fly to Chicago, IL for my 8 day orientation. My flight became a delayed flight which became a cancelled flight which became a 5 hour wait which became a flight-to-another-airport...again delayed, which became a one-hour-wait for baggage not to come out on the turnstyle which became 1 1/2 hour wait in line to make a claim which became a 30 minute wait for a just as long cab ride which became a missed dinner, no shower, past my bedtime night. Take a breath. Which THEN became a same outfit, disposable toothbrush and facewipe using, other essential borrowing, no allergy pill 3 days. Now here's where the big BUT come in (ha...ha...very funny). If you read it over one more time you'll see that...

My delayed flight became time for a headache and nauseous stomach to wear off. My cancelled flight became time to finish the required book I had neglected to complete, have a few great chats, and a chance to start a new girl-movie book by Nicholas Sparks! My 5 hour wait became a first class seat! The next delay became a chance to bask in the wonder that IS first class. The wait for my bags NOT to show up became a completed 2 chapters of luhhve (love). The wait in line to make a claim became 3 conversations, 2 new friends, and another completed chapter of luhhve. The hour wait and ride in a taxi became a time to settle my spirits while listening to the cabbie proudly boast about his 2 beautiful children. Missed dinner? FREE HOT DOG!!! No shower? heck yeah!! Same outfit? We all know how hard that choice is to make in the morning. Disposable toothbrush? At least the Lord blessed me with Nancy Schaefer! Face wipes? Bless you Mary Parker. Borrowing essentials?? Chance to make new friends, fast! Allergy pills? Waste of water. So looking back, after seeing all the blessings in disguise from my Father in the sky...I'd say this trip is off to an AWESOME start.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers to you - the girl with the best attitude ever!
Love you Lots.

Terri said...

Hey, I WANT TO BE ON THE LIST OF AMAZING FRIENDS!

I have allergy pills you can take without water...shall I send some to you? How much longer ya' got in the Windy City?

Andy G. said...

I love you, Megan.

Anonymous said...

Megan,
What a blessing you are. So positive in the midst of it all. I know you are going to do great things and that your experience this year will be great.

Anonymous said...

Okay I wanted to sign off on the previous comment but I was flying a little fast.

Be Blessed
Love Karen

Anonymous said...

To my wonderful loving sister. Looks like your spirit and love for God is already taking over. Your the best and i know youll have fun even though i dont want you to go

Jess said...

I can tell this is going to be an amazing adventure for you. Keep up the positive attitude and you'll have a blast. (I love reading you blogs because it's like you're right here-you're hilarious and I love it!)
I miss you ma-ja-weeeee

love ya,
this is from a llama