02 November 2008

Character Day 2008

Normally the 31st (in the U.S.) is called "Halloween", but not at A.I.S.! We had Storybook Character Day last Friday and it was a BLAST!! There were PLENTY of creative costumes with a book-in-hand to match! Some stretched it a bit (me included), but costumes are hard to find when your closet is limited! Here are the costumes and characters our school came up with...

I KNOW Jack Sparrow was from a MOVIE, but SOMEone has published a storybook SOMEWHERE about Pirates of the Caribbean right?? So TECHNICALLY I was a storybook chracter...Jack Sparrow-tattoo and all :) I won a contest in case you were wondering...one of the three most elaborate costumes on the teaching staff...woop woop! I better have won! I stayed up LATE man.


I came to school thinking my costume was pretty sweet...then I met up with DaVinci and his hand-made beard!!!! Rock on Davinch!


Look at the Little Princess and Helen of Troy (who lost her wreath)


Early in the morning kids were showing up in costume, everyone was in a fabulous mood that day :)


Indiana Jones came out to play!


Zorro!!!!!!


Ladies from the Archie Comics-sorry girls I don't know your names


Huckleberry Finn with the biggest hat I've ever seen!


And another winner in the "Most Creative" category...The Doppler Effect! (Those are sound waves. On her back they are farther apart-she's a science teacher, she can explain it better than I can of course)


SpiderMEN


Secret Service/The Joker/Stormtrooper...or something


Nancy Drew was there too!


Frank Hardy and friend


The Joker and his melting face


My 6th graders who dressed up...they rock :)


Okay, I can't remember all the characters, but I know Cat In The Hat, Ester, and Oliver Twist


Zorro, Frank, Rugby Guy, and Indiana


Two of my 7th graders decided to team up to be Nascar


I had to get both angles because they were SO COOL! They ALSO won "Most Creative" for middle school.


7th grade rocks too


High School and some teachers


Crazy 6th graders :P


Funny Face 7th graders


And last but not least, I had to show a picture of the very first day our new/used couch arrived! We've had wicker-backed furniture for as long as we've lived in this house, where our beds were the only place our bums could find comfort. Well, turns out, the school decided to bless us with an EL couch!!!!! Hooray. Ever since it has arrived, we have spent countless hours on that piece of Heaven, watching movies, chatting, and laughing. Oh it's just been glorious....What a great Character Day!! :)


I would LOVE to see costumes of yours if you have pictures to share through e-mail or something. The day felt so odd without pumpkins on every porch, leaves crunching underfoot, OODLES of candy on sale at the store, or little kids shrieking and running around in costume after dark. I hope everyone had a fabulous end to their October, you know this means Christmas is coming soon right? :)

2 comments:

tim said...

so you look just like captian jack which is cool...and kinda creepy...

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I love reading your updates. You really make a person think. Your walk with God is awesome.

Love
Karen