18 January 2010

Israel: Days 6 and 7

On days 6 and 7, Lauren and I spent our time in Bethlehem and around the Dead Sea. The holiness and excitement was peaked on day 6 with Bethlehem. We visited churches and shepherd fields. ONE OF THE CHURCHES WAS ON THE SPOT WHERE JESUS WAS BORN IN THE STABLE!!!!!! We couldn't believe we were actually there. Just before Christmas? What a perfect celebration. On day 7 we took a Dead Sea Tour. We stopped at sea level on our way to the lowest place on earth (THE DEAD SEA!). We trolleyed up and hiked down a mount (MASADA) that was famous for more than one reason, but is most famous in my heart for its GORGEOUS horizons (check 'em out in the pictures-BEAUTIFUL). We toured a spot called Qumran which housed the Dead Sea Scrolls in caves until they were discovered and stored in pretty museums. Then we took a swim in the Dead Sea. This was the most UNREAL swimming experience I've ever had. You can grab your toes in the air while your shoulders are still out of the water. UNREAL! After that we stopped by the "oldest city in the world", Jericho. I put it in quotation marks because I have been challenged with that statement before and I don't want to pick any fights. That's just what I was told.

So...to view the pictures of our days spent in Bethlehem and around the Dead Sea, click HERE.

Days 8, 9, and 10 are coming soon!!!

Until then, please check out this FABULOUS video (CLICK HERE) put together by Lauren and myself. Read the description of the video in order to see which places we are singing in front of. This was meant to be a Christmas present to all of you, but we're a bit behind as you might notice. So MERRY MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY!!! hehe :)

I have more updates coming. Thanks for your patience everyone! Enjoy the pictures at your leisure :)

With lots of love,
Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey meg,
i just caught myself up on looking at a bunch of your pictures on fb.
thanks a lot for puttin them all up. i really enjoyed looking at them all and reading about em.

so thanks :)

-ryanstewart