Hi everyone!!
So after 3 weeks I finally finished narrowing down the pictures of my trip through Israel with my friend Lauren. Days 8, 9, and 10ish (we flew out the last day) wrapped up this indescribable experience perfectly.
Below is a quick list of our activities in those last couple days.
On day 8 we:
Walked around on top of the walls around the Old City. It was beautiful and you could see sooo much!
Climbed up the Mount of Olives and...
-Saw where Jesus pleaded for God to take the burden from him
-Walked through the Garden of Gethsemane
-Took pictures of the church on the spot where Jesus ascended to Heaven...HEAVEN! :)
-Visited a church with Mary's tomb
-Saw the place where Jesus wept for Jerusalem.
Toured through Tower of David's Museum
Finished the night with snacks and drinks at a couple different places. A Yummy way to spend our last night in Jerusalem.
On day 9 we:
Went to a Holocaust Museum-I've seen this stuff before...but it was HELL standing NEXT TO HUNDREDS of Jews as they went through, basically looking at what their fate would have been just 50 years ago. (After that experience, it was hard not to picture the people we passed on the street as what would have been possible inmates in these camps).
Got in to a taxi to get to the next city (where the airport is) and the taxi driver heard my situation with my missing camera and debit card. He, somehow, in the course of one hour, made a bajillion phone calls to get my camera from one city to the one I was staying in. All I had to do was pick it up from the bus station one hour later!!
PICKED UP MY CAMERA-EVERYTHING WAS INSIDE-PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went shopping at a big huge enormous mall.
Had dinner on the beach at a seaside-seafood restaurant.
Walked along the beach back to our hotel and got soaking wet from a rogue wave.
Packed and headed to the airport.
Said our goodbyes, wished each other a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and headed our separate ways: Lauren to Alabama (after many flight delays) and I to Frankfurt, Germany. You can all look forward to a fabulous blog-a-comin' about my stay in Germany. Hooray!!!!
You can read more in-depth descriptions of where we went in the photo album if you click HERE.
I would strongly recommend this trip to everyone. The combined culture and history alone are reason enough to make the trip, but when you throw in the true sites and origins of our Christianity, it's INDESCRIBABLE. Now EVERY time I open my Bible, I see evidence of places I've seen or touched. These locations that felt "mythical" in my mind's eye before, now have a reality and physicality that I can taste when reading the text. You don't need to be a pastor or a "missionary" to go on a pilgrimage to the birthplace of your religion. This is something that changes your Biblical understanding and it has affected me tremendously.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers of safety. I have been GREATLY blessed with some awesome prayer warriors. I hope you're all enjoying the winter weather as it is getting quite hot in Ghana. Please look forward to a few more blogs to come in the near future.
Love all!!!
Meg
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment